Not really rejects, more…skimming off the top. You might recall that despite opening our Rubyfish etsy shop, Sophie and I occasionally have a hard time putting the things we make up for sale. We have a tendency to, um, keep half of what we make, snatching it away before it can be listed. One might […]
Sophie and I walk Henry through our bit of forest every night. Lately, the fireflies have been out. It’s quite magical. The other day Sophie got inspired to make a twilight firefly dress. And so we did.
Here is her first design drawing.
The crayon colors are her plan for the […]
Some of you may recall that Sophie, 7, and I have had plans to open an Etsy shop named Rubyfish where we will sell some of our hand-dyed, hand-stamped, hand-painted clothes. It may seem as though nothing has happened with that, but no. We have been busily (sort of) working behind the scenes, getting ready […]
A while back I went looking for a pair of panties that had a pirate skull and crossbones on them and I couldn’t find the right pair. So Sophie and I decided to make some. And maybe sell them on Etsy. Because…why not? Anyway, we’ve become connoisseurs of skull and crossbones now, and have drawn […]
Newsletter of Awesomeness
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookIt's out to the beta readers. I'm chewing my fingernails....
a few greatest hits
- remains of the play
- the TOOL shed
- happy birthday, sophie!
- writing without pencil sharpening
- the emotional insanity of writing
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- butterfly house
- the amazing emu
- screen time for fun and profit
- yurts: the downside
- lucille ball moment
- living the tie-dyed life
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- go, go, godzilla!
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- the source of my power
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts