Not really rejects, more…skimming off the top. You might recall that despite opening our Rubyfish etsy shop, Sophie and I occasionally have a hard time putting the things we make up for sale. We have a tendency to, um, keep half of what we make, snatching it away before it can be listed. One might […]
Sophie and I walk Henry through our bit of forest every night. Lately, the fireflies have been out. It’s quite magical. The other day Sophie got inspired to make a twilight firefly dress. And so we did.
Here is her first design drawing.
The crayon colors are her plan for the […]
Some of you may recall that Sophie, 7, and I have had plans to open an Etsy shop named Rubyfish where we will sell some of our hand-dyed, hand-stamped, hand-painted clothes. It may seem as though nothing has happened with that, but no. We have been busily (sort of) working behind the scenes, getting ready […]
A while back I went looking for a pair of panties that had a pirate skull and crossbones on them and I couldn’t find the right pair. So Sophie and I decided to make some. And maybe sell them on Etsy. Because…why not? Anyway, we’ve become connoisseurs of skull and crossbones now, and have drawn […]
Newsletter of Awesomeness
Buy my books!
Ghost Fugue, for 3 Voices, now available on Amazon.
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming nextI have no idea. Maybe one about aliens I've been thinking about. I'll get back to you.
a few greatest hits
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- happy birthday, sophie!
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- the emotional insanity of writing
- yurts: the downside
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- remains of the play
- the amazing emu
- lucille ball moment
- go, go, godzilla!
- the source of my power
- the way of the bento
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- crafts for karma
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts