Not really rejects, more…skimming off the top. You might recall that despite opening our Rubyfish etsy shop, Sophie and I occasionally have a hard time putting the things we make up for sale. We have a tendency to, um, keep half of what we make, snatching it away before it can be listed. One might [...]
Sophie and I walk Henry through our bit of forest every night. Lately, the fireflies have been out. It’s quite magical. The other day Sophie got inspired to make a twilight firefly dress. And so we did.
Here is her first design drawing.
The crayon colors are her plan for the [...]
Some of you may recall that Sophie, 7, and I have had plans to open an Etsy shop named Rubyfish where we will sell some of our hand-dyed, hand-stamped, hand-painted clothes. It may seem as though nothing has happened with that, but no. We have been busily (sort of) working behind the scenes, getting ready [...]
A while back I went looking for a pair of panties that had a pirate skull and crossbones on them and I couldn’t find the right pair. So Sophie and I decided to make some. And maybe sell them on Etsy. Because…why not? Anyway, we’ve become connoisseurs of skull and crossbones now, and have drawn [...]
Newsletter of Awesomeness
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookIt's out to the beta readers. I'm chewing my fingernails....
a few greatest hits
- recycling other people's junk
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- yurts: the downside
- screen time for fun and profit
- flying kids
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- writing without pencil sharpening
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- living the tie-dyed life
- the emotional insanity of writing
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- diggers watch tv, too
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on sunglasses, tirimisu, the GALAXY BRA, and how to be a woman
- maya on weekly yoga fist-bump check-in
- Pamela on weekly yoga fist-bump check-in
- Rebecca on sunglasses, tirimisu, the GALAXY BRA, and how to be a woman
- Rebecca on weekly ashtanga check-in, please drop by and chat, and, here, have some tea…