Not really rejects, more…skimming off the top. You might recall that despite opening our Rubyfish etsy shop, Sophie and I occasionally have a hard time putting the things we make up for sale. We have a tendency to, um, keep half of what we make, snatching it away before it can be listed. One might [...]
Sophie and I walk Henry through our bit of forest every night. Lately, the fireflies have been out. It’s quite magical. The other day Sophie got inspired to make a twilight firefly dress. And so we did.
Here is her first design drawing.
The crayon colors are her plan for the [...]
Some of you may recall that Sophie, 7, and I have had plans to open an Etsy shop named Rubyfish where we will sell some of our hand-dyed, hand-stamped, hand-painted clothes. It may seem as though nothing has happened with that, but no. We have been busily (sort of) working behind the scenes, getting ready [...]
A while back I went looking for a pair of panties that had a pirate skull and crossbones on them and I couldn’t find the right pair. So Sophie and I decided to make some. And maybe sell them on Etsy. Because…why not? Anyway, we’ve become connoisseurs of skull and crossbones now, and have drawn [...]
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookThird draft.
today's yoga practice
March 2, 2014 | 4:25 pm
Gah, hard stiff practice today. A slow half of primary, about an hour to Mari D. Like lifting bags of sticks.
February 11, 2014 | 1:33 pm
Full Primary, easy does it today. tai chi ashtanga.
February 11, 2014 | 1:33 pm
SKIP. I am ashamed.
February 11, 2014 | 1:32 pm
Primary to supta konansana. Great practice today, I felt really good.
February 11, 2014 | 1:29 pm
Ladies Holiday! Joy.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
a few greatest hits
- remains of the play
- crafts for karma
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- yurts: the downside
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- lucille ball moment
- the source of my power
- happy birthday, sophie!
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- writing without pencil sharpening
- diggers watch tv, too
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- the emotional insanity of writing
- screen time for fun and profit
- butterfly house
- recycling other people's junk
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- Karin on when goat mamas won’t nurse their kids
- maya on learning japanese: that sinking feeling when you begin to understand the scope of the problem
- Michele on learning japanese: that sinking feeling when you begin to understand the scope of the problem
- maya on 20 year old vita-mix, and other relics
- Roz Noziska on 20 year old vita-mix, and other relics