We sold so many of our Rubyfish Studio items, all we had left were the panties and one dress. Sophie is SO HAPPY. So we finally did a couple more things to put up in our teeny tiny shop, a dress, and some more rainbow toe socks. Check it out:
Check it out, our little (very very little) etsy shop just went live! We’ve still got a few more things we can list, and we make new things all the time, of course. Sophie couldn’t be more proud if she had opened a retail shop in the local mall. What we have here [...]
Sophie and I walk Henry through our bit of forest every night. Lately, the fireflies have been out. It’s quite magical. The other day Sophie got inspired to make a twilight firefly dress. And so we did.
Here is her first design drawing.
The crayon colors are her plan for the [...]
Some of you may recall that Sophie, 7, and I have had plans to open an Etsy shop named Rubyfish where we will sell some of our hand-dyed, hand-stamped, hand-painted clothes. It may seem as though nothing has happened with that, but no. We have been busily (sort of) working behind the scenes, getting ready [...]
A while back I went looking for a pair of panties that had a pirate skull and crossbones on them and I couldn’t find the right pair. So Sophie and I decided to make some. And maybe sell them on Etsy. Because…why not? Anyway, we’ve become connoisseurs of skull and crossbones now, and have drawn [...]
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookThird draft.
today's yoga practice
March 2, 2014 | 4:25 pm
Gah, hard stiff practice today. A slow half of primary, about an hour to Mari D. Like lifting bags of sticks.
February 11, 2014 | 1:33 pm
Full Primary, easy does it today. tai chi ashtanga.
February 11, 2014 | 1:33 pm
SKIP. I am ashamed.
February 11, 2014 | 1:32 pm
Primary to supta konansana. Great practice today, I felt really good.
February 11, 2014 | 1:29 pm
Ladies Holiday! Joy.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
a few greatest hits
- crafts for karma
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- the way of the bento
- screen time for fun and profit
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- diggers watch tv, too
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- remains of the play
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- the TOOL shed
- recycling other people's junk
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- the amazing emu
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- flying kids
- lucille ball moment
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- Karin on when goat mamas won’t nurse their kids
- maya on learning japanese: that sinking feeling when you begin to understand the scope of the problem
- Michele on learning japanese: that sinking feeling when you begin to understand the scope of the problem
- maya on 20 year old vita-mix, and other relics
- Roz Noziska on 20 year old vita-mix, and other relics