We sold so many of our Rubyfish Studio items, all we had left were the panties and one dress. Sophie is SO HAPPY. So we finally did a couple more things to put up in our teeny tiny shop, a dress, and some more rainbow toe socks. Check it out:
Check it out, our little (very very little) etsy shop just went live! We’ve still got a few more things we can list, and we make new things all the time, of course. Sophie couldn’t be more proud if she had opened a retail shop in the local mall. What we have here [...]
Sophie and I walk Henry through our bit of forest every night. Lately, the fireflies have been out. It’s quite magical. The other day Sophie got inspired to make a twilight firefly dress. And so we did.
Here is her first design drawing.
The crayon colors are her plan for the [...]
Some of you may recall that Sophie, 7, and I have had plans to open an Etsy shop named Rubyfish where we will sell some of our hand-dyed, hand-stamped, hand-painted clothes. It may seem as though nothing has happened with that, but no. We have been busily (sort of) working behind the scenes, getting ready [...]
A while back I went looking for a pair of panties that had a pirate skull and crossbones on them and I couldn’t find the right pair. So Sophie and I decided to make some. And maybe sell them on Etsy. Because…why not? Anyway, we’ve become connoisseurs of skull and crossbones now, and have drawn [...]
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
May 12, 2013 | 1:39 pm
Full primary. I forgot to write practices down last week, oh well.
May 4, 2013 | 2:51 pm
Feeling sick. Surys. A few seated. Backbending. Bleh.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Primary to supta konasana.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Gah. Skip. Lame.
May 4, 2013 | 2:49 pm
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- remains of the play
- the emotional insanity of writing
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- living the tie-dyed life
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- go, go, godzilla!
- the TOOL shed
- writing without pencil sharpening
- the amazing emu
- flying kids
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- diggers watch tv, too
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- screen time for fun and profit
- the source of my power
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts