The colors are changing. The forest is all over gold and sparkles. Time for walk!
Henry mentally prepares himself for the coming exertion:
Barking at squirrels!
Those squirrels won’t barks at themselves, you know!
The back edge of our property is bounded by a large creek, full [...]
I lost Henry this Sunday. We went for our usual walk, but at the big creek (which is just a dried up puddle right now) we ran into BAM Karen the Heron WOW making this amazing and astonishing deep throated noise that sounded a little like a giant tree creaking and grinding as it falls [...]
So, I hit 20,000 words on the wip today! Woo hoo! That’s aprox 20% draft complete. Which still leaves 80% to go, but it’s much less fun if I think of it like that. These are crap 20,000 words, scenes of mostly dialogue to be fleshed in with actual writing later. But that’s okay because [...]
What was that?
Flashing by: a bird, a plane?
There it was again!
Wait, where did it go?
Here it comes it again, watch out—
“Can I help [...]
Meet Luc, Outlaw Extraordinaire and a scary gentleman indeed.
That’s a root he found in the park mulch, perfectly gun shaped. This is what little boys do: they find weapons in the simplest of objects. I know some moms try to limit, prevent, or disallow gun-play, but this seems like a [...]
Wait, come back here, you—
There he is! Our fuzzy doodlebug, Henry! Yes, we finally named him. Although Paul is not on board with ‘Henry,’ the kids voted and I decided I was sick of not being able to call him, and as my Mom pointed out, [...]
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
May 12, 2013 | 1:39 pm
Full primary. I forgot to write practices down last week, oh well.
May 4, 2013 | 2:51 pm
Feeling sick. Surys. A few seated. Backbending. Bleh.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Primary to supta konasana.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Gah. Skip. Lame.
May 4, 2013 | 2:49 pm
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- the amazing emu
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- the way of the bento
- yurts: the downside
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- the TOOL shed
- go, go, godzilla!
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- the emotional insanity of writing
- crafts for karma
- diggers watch tv, too
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- screen time for fun and profit
- recycling other people's junk
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- writing without pencil sharpening
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- flying kids
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- living the tie-dyed life
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts