You might recall we bought a 68 Chevy short bus this summer. Well…we have reason to believe it’s…haunted.
I mean, look who is driving it.
Here, he’ll open the door for you. Go on in. Maybe.
Some of the other passengers….
Every year our country neighbors do the most amazing, hilarious, shocking Halloween decorations ever, and I swear, every year I think, how can they possible do anything new, they’ve done everything, but they always pull it off, proving that I have a stunning lack of imagination for a fantasy novelist, I mean, for gods sake, [...]
Last Halloween, I posted about our marvelous neighbors (‘neighbor’ in rural-speak can be anyone within a 10 mile radius) who go nuts with their spooky decorations each year. Have I mentioned how much I love these sick and demented people?
This year’s theme was Toxic Waste.
We begin our tour [...]
I’ve posted before about our crazy-down-the-road neighbors who dude up their house for Halloween every year like nobody’s business. This year is no exception! 2009′s theme is Zombies, particularly Decapitated Zombies who are Carrying Their Own Heads, and, oddly, these are a special subset who have their brains resting right on [...]
There is a bridge nearby, an old one-lane bridge, where they do all these festivals and celebrations throughout the year. For Halloween, it is an amazing tunnel of jack-o-lanterns.
This picture gives an idea of it…
Spooky! Cool! The black space there is just JAMMED with people [...]
Yesterday I showed you our neighbor’s Halloween creations from last year. Today we have the promised pics of THIS year’s spooky masterpieces…
First, the big picture.
Here are some of the floating ghost people. Poor suffering things.
And a little social commentary:
Can you see the giant spiders eating that person who [...]
Our neighbors down the street go crazy for Halloween. It’s fantastic. These pictures are from LAST year’s extravaganza. I’ll post some pics of this year’s, completely different, spooky display tomorrow.
Yes, this is all in their front yard!
These are from the ‘book club’. The yellow book is “How to be [...]
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- screen time for fun and profit
- yurts: the downside
- the amazing emu
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- remains of the play
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- living the tie-dyed life
- butterfly house
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- the emotional insanity of writing
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- the TOOL shed
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Frances@Lila on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- grimmly on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Shannon on strawberry fest 2013!
- maya on strawberry fest 2013!