Goat milk, fresh from the teat (at least Fancy’s milk), tastes amazing: sweet, mild, and creamy. There is no hint of ‘goatiness’ as there is in the stuff you get at the store. And if you drink it within minutes of milking it, it’s still warm.
Which is kind of weird. When milk, eggs, chicken [...]
Fancy had her babies last night, two boys. Sophie has named the blacker one Mike. It was all very exciting, a middle of the night waking. Fancy did great, and kidded with no problems. Unfortunately, however, she seems to have no clue what this whole thing is about. She’s ignoring the kids and barely tolerating [...]
We take our goats for walks. No, they don’t need to be on a leash. They just walk along with us, eating the shrubbery as we go. I think they see us as part of the herd. I flatter myself to think I’m herd leader. But they do go wherever I go. I have gotten [...]
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
May 12, 2013 | 1:39 pm
Full primary. I forgot to write practices down last week, oh well.
May 4, 2013 | 2:51 pm
Feeling sick. Surys. A few seated. Backbending. Bleh.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Primary to supta konasana.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Gah. Skip. Lame.
May 4, 2013 | 2:49 pm
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- the amazing emu
- the emotional insanity of writing
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- go, go, godzilla!
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- crafts for karma
- diggers watch tv, too
- writing without pencil sharpening
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- recycling other people's junk
- the TOOL shed
- the way of the bento
- the source of my power
- happy birthday, sophie!
- remains of the play
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Frances@Lila on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- grimmly on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Shannon on strawberry fest 2013!
- maya on strawberry fest 2013!