The goat babies went outside today for the first time. It was so funny when I opened up that stall door—they craned their necks out, raising and lowering their heads, looking and sniffing, refusing for several minutes to step hoof out of safety as they tried to comprehend this new, alien landscape. They got over [...]
Lucy had her babies! Oh so exciting!
She was acting weird all day, pawing the ground, getting up laying down getting up, not eating…so we knew it was soon. Finally, around 6pm, she started really pushing. Nothing to do but talk sweetly to her and comfort her as she did her work….
(1) Last week, when I was feeding our neighbor’s cats (they were out of town for a wedding—the neighbors, not the cats) some bozos broke into their house and stole their flatscreen. No shit! The weirdest part (besides feeling extremely vulnerable and freaked out) was that I heard the whole thing. I thought it was [...]
We got the kitten, which has been tentatively named Turtle, to the barn! She seems to be going through a total personality transformation, from semi-feral fear ball, to bouncy happy runs-up-to-meet-us fluffy cakes. She’s downright…kittenish! And she’s out of the junk heap and into the goat barn, where, as I predicted, she seems [...]
I thought the yurt looked very pretty this morning.
All the bushes in front are blooming with tons of these crazy white flowers. I can’t remember the name, something about ‘bride’ or ‘maiden.’ Typical.
Fancy was happy to see me. Ma-a-a-a.
Well, first, I wanted to thank everyone who wrote to me expressing get well wishes or offering suggestions about my pitiful ears! It’s one thing to see the page-hit numbers on the blog report, but quite another to attach names and personalities to some of said numbers! Y’all are terrific!
And in answer to your [...]
As I was milking this morning, it occurred to me that I had left several things out of my previous milking post. I thought I would put them here. These are the things that become automatic and thus invisible, like trying to give directions to someone after you’ve lived somewhere so long you’ve [...]
First off, I’m not documenting how to do that whole squeeze and roll thing you do when you hand milk a goat. There are two reasons.
(1) Fancy kicks! OMG! She gets annoyed, she demands more sunflower seeds, she says quit it already, and she says it all with her hoof. You have no idea [...]
The other day we went to visit Christiana, a friend of ours who has a bunch Toggenburg goats. She also has chickens, geese, a turkey, some pigs, horses, and—surprise!—emus. What the heck is an emu?
Christiana makes the most wonderful goat’s milk soap. Although I have dabbled in making goat cheese [...]
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
May 12, 2013 | 1:39 pm
Full primary. I forgot to write practices down last week, oh well.
May 4, 2013 | 2:51 pm
Feeling sick. Surys. A few seated. Backbending. Bleh.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Primary to supta konasana.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Gah. Skip. Lame.
May 4, 2013 | 2:49 pm
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- remains of the play
- flying kids
- the way of the bento
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- writing without pencil sharpening
- yurts: the downside
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- the amazing emu
- crafts for karma
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- recycling other people's junk
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- lucille ball moment
- the source of my power
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- butterfly house
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts