It’s that time again. Time to sell the babies. For now, we’re going to part with our little guy. (The little girl will go a bit later, I think, I’m not sure. I’m conflicted.) Here he is:
He simply adores Sophie, can you tell?
He is incredibly [...]
They grow up so fast!
Here he was, just a few minutes old:
And here he is, just eight weeks later, a few minutes before he left us to live with his new family.
Running and jumping and humping everything that would stand still for it… Sob! Cinnamon, it all passed in a [...]
Last year we had Fancy as a first freshener (that’s what they call a first time goat mama, you gotta love goat terminology). Fancy was a bottle-fed baby herself, which is why I think she was totally confused about the whole mother thing. What the H-H-HELL are these creatures, she seemed to say, and W-W-WHY [...]
This Miniature Nubian sweetie-pie is going to need a new home in about six weeks. He has been disbudded, but he has all his boy parts at the moment, though he would make a lovely pet if whethered. Or he can be registered (both his parents are), and can pass on [...]
The goat babies went outside today for the first time. It was so funny when I opened up that stall door—they craned their necks out, raising and lowering their heads, looking and sniffing, refusing for several minutes to step hoof out of safety as they tried to comprehend this new, alien landscape. They got over [...]
Lucy had her babies! Oh so exciting!
She was acting weird all day, pawing the ground, getting up laying down getting up, not eating…so we knew it was soon. Finally, around 6pm, she started really pushing. Nothing to do but talk sweetly to her and comfort her as she did her work….
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
June 16, 2013 | 10:10 am
Primary to supta konasana. Long stay in baddha and uphavista, then ollapse. i feel so winded today!
June 16, 2013 | 10:09 am
June 16, 2013 | 10:08 am
yin yoga again. lazy yoga.
June 13, 2013 | 2:19 pm
Primary to Janu B and then I ran out of time. Better than nothing, I guess.
June 11, 2013 | 11:09 am
Primary to navasana. Chatted with Luc about his favorite show for the second half, so breathing and focus were zilch. But mama/little boy time is worth it.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- the way of the bento
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- lucille ball moment
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- remains of the play
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- yurts: the downside
- diggers watch tv, too
- screen time for fun and profit
- the TOOL shed
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- crafts for karma
- butterfly house
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts