I’ve been clearing things out. And now that Sophie is five, I’m having to face that she is no longer my little baby. Sob! So, imagine my nostalgia when I ran across a box of the tiny sweaters I knitted when I was pregnant with her! I mean, when I was REALLY pregnant, [...]
Kids dig crafts. Want to hear that engrossed silence of kids making stuff? Here’s a quick and dirty project:
Get a stack of felt squares from a craft store and a bunch of scissors. Designate a few of the felts ‘backgrounds.’ You might be able to get a few stiff pieces for this. Set the [...]
Okay, it’s really more of a purse that can also carry an ipod. But it’s more than that, too. It’s the bag I’m making instead of getting an expensive, spiffy, 2nd gen ipod touch. Like those periodic episodes in a woman’s life when a rush to have a baby (hormonal?) becomes oddly intense…and instead she [...]
Few things can teach patience–and I mean ‘teach’ in a Navy Seals Training Course kind of way–as doing a craft with a four year old and an almost three year old. Somehow (how do these things happen?) we acquired a Klutz book on making beaded bobby-pins and Sophie and I have been nose to the [...]
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
May 12, 2013 | 1:39 pm
Full primary. I forgot to write practices down last week, oh well.
May 4, 2013 | 2:51 pm
Feeling sick. Surys. A few seated. Backbending. Bleh.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Primary to supta konasana.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Gah. Skip. Lame.
May 4, 2013 | 2:49 pm
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- screen time for fun and profit
- recycling other people's junk
- butterfly house
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- yurts: the downside
- the way of the bento
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- the amazing emu
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- writing without pencil sharpening
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- the emotional insanity of writing
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- flying kids
- happy birthday, sophie!
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts