Sophie has been making masks.
I love the individually cut feathers on the owl mask! The wolf got a snout that I managed to miss in this photo, but its pretty awesome, all shaped and glued into place. And drat, I couldn’t find the peacock mask, which is truly a shame [...]
Fancy, one of our goats, is due to have kids any day now. She is HUGE.
In case you can’t see it, take a look at her from the front.
Poor baby can barely walk. Her belly bulges out on either side like a Frank Lloyd Wright [...]
Our sweet little kitten is not so little any more. Boy cats started showing up at night. Paul even caught one guy peeing on our front door. Eww. The time had come. It was time to get Mochi fixed.
But when I called my old vet, I about fell off my chair when they quoted [...]
It’s a walk of a couple minutes to our pond. Lately, Mochi the Barn Cat has been coming with us.
The first time she came, we were worried that she would wander off and get lost, but she stayed right with us, and now she comes along almost every day.
We got the kitten, which has been tentatively named Turtle, to the barn! She seems to be going through a total personality transformation, from semi-feral fear ball, to bouncy happy runs-up-to-meet-us fluffy cakes. She’s downright…kittenish! And she’s out of the junk heap and into the goat barn, where, as I predicted, she seems [...]
About a week ago, Paul heard a squeaky sound coming from somewhere outside and traced it in the dark to a tiny black kitten, hiding in our storage heap shed.
“No, no, no!” I said, when he reported back. “Absolutely not!”
When I turned twenty I got a cat, Annabelle, and her daughter Henrietta. Annabelle promptly got preggo and had kittens, all but two of which I kept. For a while there, I had a lot of cats.
For the past several years, though, I just had one, Choplicker, the oldest and strongest of Annabelle’s second [...]
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- remains of the play
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- the emotional insanity of writing
- crafts for karma
- flying kids
- the source of my power
- recycling other people's junk
- happy birthday, sophie!
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- go, go, godzilla!
- the amazing emu
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- yurts: the downside
- screen time for fun and profit
- butterfly house
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Frances@Lila on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- grimmly on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Shannon on strawberry fest 2013!
- maya on strawberry fest 2013!