After a year+ of a building break, we are starting out next project: the bedroom. At least, that’s what we call it. There’s the yurt, the bathhouse, the Noah House, the tool shed, and soon, this new structure, built on the backside of the yurt, to house our king sized bed and some much needed [...]
We’ve been thinking about what to build next. The Noah House has settled into daily usage. The landscaping projects are slowing down as winter approaches. And we seem to have a tradition of starting new buildings in January. Which means we’re in the imagining stages, now, for the next one.
Next one, you say? Well, [...]
Here is a shot that Sophie got of me going about my Honeymilk Farm chores this morning. I look really sleepy. She said I should put it on the blog, though, so I am. I love how her photos are from such a different perspective (three feet off the ground). Often when she takes pictures [...]
I have a series of photo collages documenting the building of our yurt, from breaking ground, to the big yurt raising day. I’ve gotten so many questions about the yurt, I thought I would post them. Here is the first!
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
June 19, 2013 | 10:41 am
Full Primary. Actually, that’s a lie. I left off those butt balance poses at the end of seated. I kind of hate those. They bore me. [hangs head] I’m weak.
June 16, 2013 | 10:10 am
Primary to supta konasana. Long stay in baddha and uphavista, then ollapse. i feel so winded today!
June 16, 2013 | 10:09 am
June 16, 2013 | 10:08 am
yin yoga again. lazy yoga.
June 13, 2013 | 2:19 pm
Primary to Janu B and then I ran out of time. Better than nothing, I guess.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- screen time for fun and profit
- the emotional insanity of writing
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- writing without pencil sharpening
- yurts: the downside
- recycling other people's junk
- the amazing emu
- the TOOL shed
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- lucille ball moment
- happy birthday, sophie!
- the way of the bento
- flying kids
- living the tie-dyed life
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- the source of my power
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts