We sold so many of our Rubyfish Studio items, all we had left were the panties and one dress. Sophie is SO HAPPY. So we finally did a couple more things to put up in our teeny tiny shop, a dress, and some more rainbow toe socks. Check it out:
Prepare to be astounded. And I may be the last person on the internets to find out about these amazing people, but so what, I’m here now. I saw these dancers on “So You Think You Can Dance” last week (which I love, see last year’s post on the topic here) and got chills. [...]
Not really rejects, more…skimming off the top. You might recall that despite opening our Rubyfish etsy shop, Sophie and I occasionally have a hard time putting the things we make up for sale. We have a tendency to, um, keep half of what we make, snatching it away before it can be listed. One might [...]
Check it out, our little (very very little) etsy shop just went live! We’ve still got a few more things we can list, and we make new things all the time, of course. Sophie couldn’t be more proud if she had opened a retail shop in the local mall. What we have here [...]
Sophie and I walk Henry through our bit of forest every night. Lately, the fireflies have been out. It’s quite magical. The other day Sophie got inspired to make a twilight firefly dress. And so we did.
Here is her first design drawing.
The crayon colors are her plan for the [...]
Some of you may recall that Sophie, 7, and I have had plans to open an Etsy shop named Rubyfish where we will sell some of our hand-dyed, hand-stamped, hand-painted clothes. It may seem as though nothing has happened with that, but no. We have been busily (sort of) working behind the scenes, getting ready [...]
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- go, go, godzilla!
- the TOOL shed
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- the source of my power
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- the amazing emu
- diggers watch tv, too
- screen time for fun and profit
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- crafts for karma
- the emotional insanity of writing
- flying kids
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- happy birthday, sophie!
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Frances@Lila on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- grimmly on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Shannon on strawberry fest 2013!
- maya on strawberry fest 2013!