Okay, I know it isn’t really here until June for most peeps, but:
1) the kids finished their year-end fill-in-the-stupid-bubble test and that’s the end of the “school year” for these homeschooled maniacs.
2) we went for our first swim of the season, woot!
And 3) it’s 90 freaking degrees today.
If that all doesn’t add up to summer, I don’t know what does.
Into the pond! First Luc….
I love my pond. Although a friend recently terrified me with stories of the “brain eating amoeba“. Jesus, like I didn’t have enough to worry about. Thanks a lot, friend-you-know-who-you-are. Thanks a fucking lot.
Back into the Denial Tower(tm) I go! I love my pond!
In case you can’t see it, Sophie is giving you a peace sign.
And that’s Luc, floating on his back behind her. Oh man, there is no way to deal with 90+ degree North Carolina Summer day better than a
brain eating amoeba breeding pit spring fed pond. Farmer’s Almanac says this summer, after that super cold winter, is going to be a killer. Yikes. I need to get the air-conditioner set up, stat.
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookThird draft. It's too long! Trying to trim just seems to make it longer!
a few greatest hits
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- go, go, godzilla!
- happy birthday, sophie!
- living the tie-dyed life
- the TOOL shed
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- flying kids
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- the emotional insanity of writing
- butterfly house
- the way of the bento
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- crafts for karma
- remains of the play
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- lucille ball moment
- screen time for fun and profit
- the source of my power
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- louise on cyber shala post-practice chat, please drop by and say hello!
- Cori on the evil plot of the durian wafer
- RebeccaBerlin on cyber shala post-practice chat, please drop by and say hello!
- henry on cyber shala post-practice chat, please drop by and say hello!
- Riana on cyber shala post-practice chat, please drop by and say hello!