Okay, I know it isn’t really here until June for most peeps, but:
1) the kids finished their year-end fill-in-the-stupid-bubble test and that’s the end of the “school year” for these homeschooled maniacs.
2) we went for our first swim of the season, woot!
And 3) it’s 90 freaking degrees today.
If that all doesn’t add up to summer, I don’t know what does.
Into the pond! First Luc….
I love my pond. Although a friend recently terrified me with stories of the “brain eating amoeba“. Jesus, like I didn’t have enough to worry about. Thanks a lot, friend-you-know-who-you-are. Thanks a fucking lot.
Back into the Denial Tower(tm) I go! I love my pond!
In case you can’t see it, Sophie is giving you a peace sign.
And that’s Luc, floating on his back behind her. Oh man, there is no way to deal with 90+ degree North Carolina Summer day better than a
brain eating amoeba breeding pit spring fed pond. Farmer’s Almanac says this summer, after that super cold winter, is going to be a killer. Yikes. I need to get the air-conditioner set up, stat.
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookThird draft.
today's yoga practice
June 13, 2014 | 7:22 pm
Full Primary. Wham.
June 13, 2014 | 7:21 pm
Kino’s jump back video over at Yoga Vibes. That thing kicks my ass.
June 11, 2014 | 4:20 pm
Did Kino’s jumpback video over at YogaVibes.com. Such a kick-ass vid! Highly recommended.
June 10, 2014 | 2:51 pm
Surys, standing, sitting to supta konasana, finishing. This has been my Go To practice for a while. I get bored with the butt balancers and the lying down one-let-at-a-time poses (can’t think of the name), I know I know I’m lazy. I get to that butt-in-the-air spread-legged pose and then I’m done, I don’t want to do any more. Finishing. It’s not so bad, a pretty good practice. But I still feel guilty, leaving those last few off.
June 9, 2014 | 2:49 pm
Full Primary in the Noah House. We finally got it de-molded and I can go back in without having an asthma attack. I dunno, it just got crazy moldy last summer and then sat all winter (because it isn’t heated). It took this long for us to get to it and finally I’m back in my yoga/writing studio, yay! Great practice.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
a few greatest hits
- flying kids
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- go, go, godzilla!
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- the source of my power
- the TOOL shed
- screen time for fun and profit
- lucille ball moment
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- the emotional insanity of writing
- remains of the play
- writing without pencil sharpening
- butterfly house
- living the tie-dyed life
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on finding new motivation in ashtanga home practice: PUNISHMENT
- RebeccaBerlin on finding new motivation in ashtanga home practice: PUNISHMENT
- Becky C. on seed ticks: the devil’s spawn
- Vanessa on learning japanese: that sinking feeling when you begin to understand the scope of the problem
- Ryan on why are the commercials on Hulu SO BAD????