After a huge, freak storm (zero visibility! downed trees! real, freaking, HAIL, plus a rumored tornado!) we’ve had no power for what feels like an eternity. I’ve been checking the occasional email on Paul’s phone, and I type this post from the air conditioned heaven of the public library, but have been mostly radio-silent. I call the power company and they say some version of, “I’m sorry, we have no information for you at this time.” Which isn’t very encouraging. I’m starting to get the shakes. I need my internet and my vita-mix and my hot baths. I am not a roughing-it kind of girl.
Anyway, I’ve got a nice post coming on the juice fast and beyond…. And hey, have you noticed that after many months of no movement at all on the word count bar over there on the right, has begun sneaking up again? If I post this, stop stalling, and GET TO FREAKING WORK, I should cross 25,000 words in the next couple of hours….
Maybe the power will come back tonight. I hope I hope I hope….
Oh! And I have a new mission in life! A new dream to fulfill, as it were. Actually it’s an old dream, revised and re-enervated. I’m knitting again, you see, after a eight year break (yes, this corresponds to the age of my first born, how about that?). And I know, I know, where can I possibly find the time?? But really it’s no big deal, I just knit while I’m doing the things I was already doing, only my hands were free, and now they’re busy. See? No extra time required (except the looking at patterns, and oogling yarn at the yarn store, and discovering ravelry.com which didn’t exist when I last was knitting, but, well, you know. None of that matters! In the same way that cupcake crumbs have no calories!).
But the new mission! Right. Here it is: I am going to learn to knit two socks at the same time on one long needed using Koigu yarn!
Hand to my heart (or should it be my foot?) I am going to achieve this semi-mystical goal! This summer! By hell or high water, it will be done!
Basically, I have had a hard-on for Koigu for fifteen years and I’m finally going to do something about it. Why wait? I could die tomorrow in a freak storm, right?
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
May 12, 2013 | 1:39 pm
Full primary. I forgot to write practices down last week, oh well.
May 4, 2013 | 2:51 pm
Feeling sick. Surys. A few seated. Backbending. Bleh.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Primary to supta konasana.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Gah. Skip. Lame.
May 4, 2013 | 2:49 pm
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- recycling other people's junk
- butterfly house
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- the way of the bento
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- the amazing emu
- screen time for fun and profit
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- diggers watch tv, too
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- lucille ball moment
- the TOOL shed
- crafts for karma
- happy birthday, sophie!
- go, go, godzilla!
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- the emotional insanity of writing
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Frances@Lila on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- grimmly on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Shannon on strawberry fest 2013!
- maya on strawberry fest 2013!