I feel deeply ambivalent about this, but I think I’m going to take some time off my yoga practice. It seems incredibly stupid, since I just moved so deeply into several of the postures, and I’m sure any time off will cause me to lose that progress. But I’m just so tired. I don’t know if it is allergies, depression, over-doing, a combination…I don’t know. But if I think of taking even a week off from yoga I feel such relief. So that’s the (terrifying) plan. One week off.
Guilt! This isn’t in accordance with my larger goals! I’m going to seize up! What am I thinking? Maybe I can just sneak in a little? The task master that gets me on the mat every day is profoundly unhappy with this plan.
I’ve just been cramming too much into my days. I’m pooped. I need a break. It’s just one week, for crying out loud. Relax.
But what if I can’t start back? What if it HURTS when I start back? What if I lose my power to get on the mat or damage it in some way? What if this gets me off track for years? I’m 41, I can’t take years off! Maybe I’ll go get on the mat right now….
This isn’t going to be easy.
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookThird draft.
today's yoga practice
March 15, 2014 | 12:16 pm
Kino’s arm balance class. I can barely lift my arms now. I think they’re broken.
March 12, 2014 | 6:38 pm
Tried another Kino video, the third, the “leg opener” practice. Not bad. Kind of miss regular primary though.
March 11, 2014 | 4:11 pm
Kino video on “core strength.” Just about killed me. Have discovered I have no core.
March 11, 2014 | 4:10 pm
Full Primary, 2 freaking hours. I’m going to go lie down now.
March 11, 2014 | 4:10 pm
Primary to supta konasana.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
a few greatest hits
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- remains of the play
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- screen time for fun and profit
- recycling other people's junk
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- diggers watch tv, too
- the source of my power
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- go, go, godzilla!
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- the TOOL shed
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- crafts for karma
- the emotional insanity of writing
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on ashtanga yoga, 3 years in, pics before and after
- maya on Kurt Kinetic Road Machine 2.0 and TrainerRoad.com review
- Kelley on ashtanga yoga, 3 years in, pics before and after
- troy on Kurt Kinetic Road Machine 2.0 and TrainerRoad.com review
- maya on meet our new ELF, a solar-powered, electric bike, commuter car, thingy! and it’s cute, too.