I feel deeply ambivalent about this, but I think I’m going to take some time off my yoga practice. It seems incredibly stupid, since I just moved so deeply into several of the postures, and I’m sure any time off will cause me to lose that progress. But I’m just so tired. I don’t know if it is allergies, depression, over-doing, a combination…I don’t know. But if I think of taking even a week off from yoga I feel such relief. So that’s the (terrifying) plan. One week off.
Guilt! This isn’t in accordance with my larger goals! I’m going to seize up! What am I thinking? Maybe I can just sneak in a little? The task master that gets me on the mat every day is profoundly unhappy with this plan.
I’ve just been cramming too much into my days. I’m pooped. I need a break. It’s just one week, for crying out loud. Relax.
But what if I can’t start back? What if it HURTS when I start back? What if I lose my power to get on the mat or damage it in some way? What if this gets me off track for years? I’m 41, I can’t take years off! Maybe I’ll go get on the mat right now….
This isn’t going to be easy.
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookThird draft.
today's yoga practice
March 2, 2014 | 4:25 pm
Gah, hard stiff practice today. A slow half of primary, about an hour to Mari D. Like lifting bags of sticks.
February 11, 2014 | 1:33 pm
Full Primary, easy does it today. tai chi ashtanga.
February 11, 2014 | 1:33 pm
SKIP. I am ashamed.
February 11, 2014 | 1:32 pm
Primary to supta konansana. Great practice today, I felt really good.
February 11, 2014 | 1:29 pm
Ladies Holiday! Joy.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
a few greatest hits
- lucille ball moment
- diggers watch tv, too
- crafts for karma
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- writing without pencil sharpening
- happy birthday, sophie!
- the way of the bento
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- living the tie-dyed life
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- screen time for fun and profit
- remains of the play
- the TOOL shed
- the emotional insanity of writing
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- butterfly house
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on learning japanese: that sinking feeling when you begin to understand the scope of the problem
- Michele on learning japanese: that sinking feeling when you begin to understand the scope of the problem
- maya on 20 year old vita-mix, and other relics
- Roz Noziska on 20 year old vita-mix, and other relics
- maya on on sensitive moments