I feel deeply ambivalent about this, but I think I’m going to take some time off my yoga practice. It seems incredibly stupid, since I just moved so deeply into several of the postures, and I’m sure any time off will cause me to lose that progress. But I’m just so tired. I don’t know if it is allergies, depression, over-doing, a combination…I don’t know. But if I think of taking even a week off from yoga I feel such relief. So that’s the (terrifying) plan. One week off.
Guilt! This isn’t in accordance with my larger goals! I’m going to seize up! What am I thinking? Maybe I can just sneak in a little? The task master that gets me on the mat every day is profoundly unhappy with this plan.
I’ve just been cramming too much into my days. I’m pooped. I need a break. It’s just one week, for crying out loud. Relax.
But what if I can’t start back? What if it HURTS when I start back? What if I lose my power to get on the mat or damage it in some way? What if this gets me off track for years? I’m 41, I can’t take years off! Maybe I’ll go get on the mat right now….
This isn’t going to be easy.
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookThird draft.
today's yoga practice
June 13, 2014 | 7:22 pm
Full Primary. Wham.
June 13, 2014 | 7:21 pm
Kino’s jump back video over at Yoga Vibes. That thing kicks my ass.
June 11, 2014 | 4:20 pm
Did Kino’s jumpback video over at YogaVibes.com. Such a kick-ass vid! Highly recommended.
June 10, 2014 | 2:51 pm
Surys, standing, sitting to supta konasana, finishing. This has been my Go To practice for a while. I get bored with the butt balancers and the lying down one-let-at-a-time poses (can’t think of the name), I know I know I’m lazy. I get to that butt-in-the-air spread-legged pose and then I’m done, I don’t want to do any more. Finishing. It’s not so bad, a pretty good practice. But I still feel guilty, leaving those last few off.
June 9, 2014 | 2:49 pm
Full Primary in the Noah House. We finally got it de-molded and I can go back in without having an asthma attack. I dunno, it just got crazy moldy last summer and then sat all winter (because it isn’t heated). It took this long for us to get to it and finally I’m back in my yoga/writing studio, yay! Great practice.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
a few greatest hits
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- the TOOL shed
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- recycling other people's junk
- remains of the play
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- butterfly house
- go, go, godzilla!
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- writing without pencil sharpening
- the emotional insanity of writing
- the source of my power
- the way of the bento
- happy birthday, sophie!
- lucille ball moment
- flying kids
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on meet our new ELF, a solar-powered, electric bike, commuter car, thingy! and it’s cute, too.
- hermitress on meet our new ELF, a solar-powered, electric bike, commuter car, thingy! and it’s cute, too.
- Dudley Stamps on seed ticks: the devil’s spawn
- maya on my son has mermaid hair and I am intensely jealous
- maya on ashtanga yoga, five years in: state of the backbend