I feel deeply ambivalent about this, but I think I’m going to take some time off my yoga practice. It seems incredibly stupid, since I just moved so deeply into several of the postures, and I’m sure any time off will cause me to lose that progress. But I’m just so tired. I don’t know if it is allergies, depression, over-doing, a combination…I don’t know. But if I think of taking even a week off from yoga I feel such relief. So that’s the (terrifying) plan. One week off.
Guilt! This isn’t in accordance with my larger goals! I’m going to seize up! What am I thinking? Maybe I can just sneak in a little? The task master that gets me on the mat every day is profoundly unhappy with this plan.
I’ve just been cramming too much into my days. I’m pooped. I need a break. It’s just one week, for crying out loud. Relax.
But what if I can’t start back? What if it HURTS when I start back? What if I lose my power to get on the mat or damage it in some way? What if this gets me off track for years? I’m 41, I can’t take years off! Maybe I’ll go get on the mat right now….
This isn’t going to be easy.
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookIt's out to the beta readers. I'm chewing my fingernails....
a few greatest hits
- go, go, godzilla!
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- the TOOL shed
- butterfly house
- lucille ball moment
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- the emotional insanity of writing
- crafts for karma
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- remains of the play
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- screen time for fun and profit
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- happy birthday, sophie!
- recycling other people's junk
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on in praise of the lowly Up Dog, plus friday cyber-shala open thread chat, please drop by and say hello!
- in praise of the lowly Up Dog, plus friday cyber-shala open thread chat, please drop by and say hello! | mayaland on ashtanga yoga, five years in: state of the backbend
- in praise of the lowly Up Dog, plus friday cyber-shala open thread chat, please drop by and say hello! | mayaland on david williams, yoga workshop, day 3 and 4
- in praise of the lowly Up Dog, plus friday cyber-shala open thread chat, please drop by and say hello! | mayaland on hamstring injury update and a lotus
- in praise of the lowly Up Dog, plus friday cyber-shala open thread chat, please drop by and say hello! | mayaland on backbends freak me out