This morning was a Fuck This Fucking Shit morning. You know those mornings. The ones when you can’t remember a single viable reason why you do any of the shit you usually do. Like, holy crap, who cares, right???
For example, “I’m not doing yoga,” I announced to no one. “Fuck yoga. Yoga sucks. Nobody cares if I knock myself out on the mat every day, why do I work so hard at this, anyway? I should give it up. It wouldn’t change a damn thing. I’m just going to flake out on the couch.” Oh, yeah, I was a real pleasure to be around this morning.
Honestly, yoga has been hard lately. My wrists have been aching and kind of burning—as a result, clearly, of a resurgence of interest in improving my jumpback. So I’ve been doing more jumpbacks, on blocks, and more forcefully—well, not forcefully, but just, you know, pushing myself. STUPID. I always get hurt whenever I decide I’m going to try harder on any aspect of the Primary. I really should have learned by now to cut that out.
Anyway, this morning, in addition to pining for coffee, being short with Paul, and hating my novel, I hated yoga too. Go me.
But then Sophie says, “Mom, you should do your yoga so that you that when you’re old you don’t walk like this,” and she demonstrates a hunchbacked posture and takes a few mincing steps. “If you give up yoga then you’re backbend will look like this,” she strains to get a glimpse of the ceiling from a face that is pointed down-ish over hunched shoulders, “and you won’t be able to play with me. You should do your yoga because I want to play with you even when you’re old.”
Okay, yeah, I’m tearing up a little bit. Piss off.
Sigh. So, anyway, I did yoga. A lame-ass, grumbling yoga practice, true, but still.
Good to remember that somebody does care, after all.
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
June 16, 2013 | 10:10 am
Primary to supta konasana. Long stay in baddha and uphavista, then ollapse. i feel so winded today!
June 16, 2013 | 10:09 am
June 16, 2013 | 10:08 am
yin yoga again. lazy yoga.
June 13, 2013 | 2:19 pm
Primary to Janu B and then I ran out of time. Better than nothing, I guess.
June 11, 2013 | 11:09 am
Primary to navasana. Chatted with Luc about his favorite show for the second half, so breathing and focus were zilch. But mama/little boy time is worth it.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- the amazing emu
- lucille ball moment
- happy birthday, sophie!
- yurts: the downside
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- the TOOL shed
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- screen time for fun and profit
- living the tie-dyed life
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- the way of the bento
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- the emotional insanity of writing
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- remains of the play
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts