This morning was a Fuck This Fucking Shit morning. You know those mornings. The ones when you can’t remember a single viable reason why you do any of the shit you usually do. Like, holy crap, who cares, right???
For example, “I’m not doing yoga,” I announced to no one. “Fuck yoga. Yoga sucks. Nobody cares if I knock myself out on the mat every day, why do I work so hard at this, anyway? I should give it up. It wouldn’t change a damn thing. I’m just going to flake out on the couch.” Oh, yeah, I was a real pleasure to be around this morning.
Honestly, yoga has been hard lately. My wrists have been aching and kind of burning—as a result, clearly, of a resurgence of interest in improving my jumpback. So I’ve been doing more jumpbacks, on blocks, and more forcefully—well, not forcefully, but just, you know, pushing myself. STUPID. I always get hurt whenever I decide I’m going to try harder on any aspect of the Primary. I really should have learned by now to cut that out.
Anyway, this morning, in addition to pining for coffee, being short with Paul, and hating my novel, I hated yoga too. Go me.
But then Sophie says, “Mom, you should do your yoga so that you that when you’re old you don’t walk like this,” and she demonstrates a hunchbacked posture and takes a few mincing steps. “If you give up yoga then you’re backbend will look like this,” she strains to get a glimpse of the ceiling from a face that is pointed down-ish over hunched shoulders, “and you won’t be able to play with me. You should do your yoga because I want to play with you even when you’re old.”
Okay, yeah, I’m tearing up a little bit. Piss off.
Sigh. So, anyway, I did yoga. A lame-ass, grumbling yoga practice, true, but still.
Good to remember that somebody does care, after all.
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookThird draft.
today's yoga practice
March 2, 2014 | 4:25 pm
Gah, hard stiff practice today. A slow half of primary, about an hour to Mari D. Like lifting bags of sticks.
February 11, 2014 | 1:33 pm
Full Primary, easy does it today. tai chi ashtanga.
February 11, 2014 | 1:33 pm
SKIP. I am ashamed.
February 11, 2014 | 1:32 pm
Primary to supta konansana. Great practice today, I felt really good.
February 11, 2014 | 1:29 pm
Ladies Holiday! Joy.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
a few greatest hits
- diggers watch tv, too
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- the way of the bento
- butterfly house
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- writing without pencil sharpening
- flying kids
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- screen time for fun and profit
- crafts for karma
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- lucille ball moment
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- Karin on when goat mamas won’t nurse their kids
- maya on learning japanese: that sinking feeling when you begin to understand the scope of the problem
- Michele on learning japanese: that sinking feeling when you begin to understand the scope of the problem
- maya on 20 year old vita-mix, and other relics
- Roz Noziska on 20 year old vita-mix, and other relics