Hidden eggs have been found, re-hidden, found again. Chocolate has been unwrapped from its little foil wrappers and eaten and then the little foil wrappers have been painstakingly smoothed out for nonspecific future projects by Sophie (?!). Board games are currently being played, cutthroat Go Fish, high stakes Secret Door. Life is blooming, baby chicks at the feed store the other day, spring leaves everywhere outside, the creek and pond are full, it’s fifty degrees in the morning and eighty in the afternoon… winter is well and done!
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookThird draft.
today's yoga practice
June 13, 2014 | 7:22 pm
Full Primary. Wham.
June 13, 2014 | 7:21 pm
Kino’s jump back video over at Yoga Vibes. That thing kicks my ass.
June 11, 2014 | 4:20 pm
Did Kino’s jumpback video over at YogaVibes.com. Such a kick-ass vid! Highly recommended.
June 10, 2014 | 2:51 pm
Surys, standing, sitting to supta konasana, finishing. This has been my Go To practice for a while. I get bored with the butt balancers and the lying down one-let-at-a-time poses (can’t think of the name), I know I know I’m lazy. I get to that butt-in-the-air spread-legged pose and then I’m done, I don’t want to do any more. Finishing. It’s not so bad, a pretty good practice. But I still feel guilty, leaving those last few off.
June 9, 2014 | 2:49 pm
Full Primary in the Noah House. We finally got it de-molded and I can go back in without having an asthma attack. I dunno, it just got crazy moldy last summer and then sat all winter (because it isn’t heated). It took this long for us to get to it and finally I’m back in my yoga/writing studio, yay! Great practice.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
a few greatest hits
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- writing without pencil sharpening
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- the way of the bento
- crafts for karma
- the amazing emu
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- remains of the play
- butterfly house
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- lucille ball moment
- yurts: the downside
- happy birthday, sophie!
- the source of my power
- flying kids
- go, go, godzilla!
- recycling other people's junk
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- Missy on how to start an ashtanga yoga home practice, and how to fail at it (several times)
- barbie on seed ticks: the devil’s spawn
- finding new motivation in ashtanga home practice: PUNISHMENT | mayaland on ashtanga injuries and a sufferfest roleplay
- finding new motivation in ashtanga home practice: PUNISHMENT | mayaland on sweet, this looks cool!…a better reason to do yoga. or anything else.
- finding new motivation in ashtanga home practice: PUNISHMENT | mayaland on doing yoga for all the worst, most embarrassing reasons