I dreamed I was hunting for a ukulele last night. I searched shops, played a few (of course, in the dream I could play a ukulele with style and satisfaction), and even read some Hawaiian ukulele history. But I never found the uke I was looking for. ????? Anyway, when I woke up this morning, I did what anyone with internet access does when they dream of ukuleles: I googled for some cool uke music.
Check out Jake Shimabukuro making his ukulele weep. Amazing.
This makes me want to get a uke! They’re ridiculously cheap, so says amazon, $50 and you’re in. Apparently, google also tells me, ukeleles are in quite an upward trend at the moment. Who knew?
My dream-life: always in on the latest fashions.
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
May 12, 2013 | 1:39 pm
Full primary. I forgot to write practices down last week, oh well.
May 4, 2013 | 2:51 pm
Feeling sick. Surys. A few seated. Backbending. Bleh.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Primary to supta konasana.
May 4, 2013 | 2:50 pm
Gah. Skip. Lame.
May 4, 2013 | 2:49 pm
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- yurts: the downside
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- screen time for fun and profit
- the emotional insanity of writing
- living the tie-dyed life
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- go, go, godzilla!
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- the TOOL shed
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- writing without pencil sharpening
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- happy birthday, sophie!
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- butterfly house
- the way of the bento
- recycling other people's junk
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts