After an hour or two of hanging out, watching some tv and just being silly…
…it’s time for a walk.
Maybe I should call it a run?
Two of the best things in the world about having a puppy are (1) how silly they are when they play and (2) having them race towards you like you are the best thing in the world and they can’t wait to be in your arms. licking your face.
We’ve been going on several walks a day with Henry since we got him—has it already been two weeks? We carry cheese or hotdogs in our pockets and when we call him, he comes running like gangbusters, practically vibrating with happiness.
Sometimes when we call him, we hide, so he has to find us to get his treat. ”Go find Sophie!”
We don’t make it too hard for him, though. He’s only a little guy.
Even if we’re just hanging around in the woods, Henry RUNS. Back and forth, over and around, circles and lines…
Being a puppy is hard work!
He only slows down to get his treats, haha, have I mentioned how much Henry loves walks?
Those cats won’t chase themselves, you know….
I’m not worried about Mochi, he just wants to chase her, not catch her. When he gets to her, he stops and she whacks him on the nose and then walks away. It’s pretty funny.
After all the excitement, it’s back to the warm yurt.
So far, having Henry around has been grand. I highly recommend puppies for your general happiness and wellbeing.
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
June 19, 2013 | 10:41 am
Full Primary. Actually, that’s a lie. I left off those butt balance poses at the end of seated. I kind of hate those. They bore me. [hangs head] I’m weak.
June 16, 2013 | 10:10 am
Primary to supta konasana. Long stay in baddha and uphavista, then ollapse. i feel so winded today!
June 16, 2013 | 10:09 am
June 16, 2013 | 10:08 am
yin yoga again. lazy yoga.
June 13, 2013 | 2:19 pm
Primary to Janu B and then I ran out of time. Better than nothing, I guess.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- remains of the play
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- lucille ball moment
- happy birthday, sophie!
- butterfly house
- the emotional insanity of writing
- the amazing emu
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- the way of the bento
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- writing without pencil sharpening
- flying kids
- the TOOL shed
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts