Walking on our property yesterday, everything is lost in green, but somehow, you can feel that the peak of summer has passed.
The small creek is almost dry—just enough mud that the kids like to muck about in it. It will start filling up with fall rains, soon.
We didn’t do a goat walk this time—I’m not convinced that the babies wouldn’t run away. We’ll wait a bit longer before taking them all out.
Look at how tiny Luc looks next to this huge poplar!
The first red leaves of fall are starting to appear. These are sassafras, so pretty.
The times, they are a changing….
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
June 19, 2013 | 10:41 am
Full Primary. Actually, that’s a lie. I left off those butt balance poses at the end of seated. I kind of hate those. They bore me. [hangs head] I’m weak.
June 16, 2013 | 10:10 am
Primary to supta konasana. Long stay in baddha and uphavista, then ollapse. i feel so winded today!
June 16, 2013 | 10:09 am
June 16, 2013 | 10:08 am
yin yoga again. lazy yoga.
June 13, 2013 | 2:19 pm
Primary to Janu B and then I ran out of time. Better than nothing, I guess.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- crafts for karma
- flying kids
- recycling other people's junk
- the amazing emu
- yurts: the downside
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- living the tie-dyed life
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- the source of my power
- writing without pencil sharpening
- the TOOL shed
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- screen time for fun and profit
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- the way of the bento
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- lucille ball moment
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- happy birthday, sophie!
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts