Picture me, running around the yurt with my arms up in the air shouting “Go Me! Maya Rocks! Woo HOO!!!!”
That was the situation last last night when the google malware alert was lifted off my poor, victimized blog. Malware FREE. I mean, I had to learn a bunch of tricky tech stuff, and talk to friendly tech people, and figure out how to clean code, and everything! I felt like a freaking GENIUS when I got it to work again. There may not be dragons any more, but there are TOTALLY knights on quests to slay evil monsters, because that was me for 48 hours, Sir Maya out to defeat the Evil Malware!
I did it! Woot woot!
One thing—in the process of reverting to back-ups and updating this and that, etc, I lost comments from the last few days. If you posted a comment and it doesn’t seem to be there now, Sorry! Please feel free to re-comment! Especially if you asked a question.
Apparently thousands of sites were hit with the same thing, or so google tells me when I put in the particulars. A url out of South America somewhere was the source, go figure. There was a trojan component, plus endless lists of alphabetical porno pics injected into my site files. Nasty. I feel so used.
The image titles were actually pretty funny. Every variation one could think of was represented, in addition to LOTS I had never considered, hilarious in their specificity, things like jewish-jockstrap-gays, not to be confused with irish-republican-army-gays. Or how about louisiana-cops-fucking or kitchen-ass-sex? Or you could just stick with the basics and go with im-so-fucking-horny.
And weird stuff to find on a blog that mostly features cute little kids and, more recently, kittens. For heaven’s sake.
But it’s all good now. Please come enjoy the kittens and kiddos with no fear of mal-anything. Or whacky fetish porn. This site is CLEAN, hallelujah praise be to the tech gods and my stubborn tenacity in the face of tech-y evil! Go me!
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- recycling other people's junk
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- lucille ball moment
- go, go, godzilla!
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- the emotional insanity of writing
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- butterfly house
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- screen time for fun and profit
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- the amazing emu
- writing without pencil sharpening
- living the tie-dyed life
- the source of my power
- crafts for karma
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Frances@Lila on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- grimmly on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Shannon on strawberry fest 2013!
- maya on strawberry fest 2013!