Public service announcement! Nyquil is back! Huh, you say? Where did it go? Well, let me tell you.
Years ago I used to look forward to getting the sniffles because, hey, it meant I could cozy up to my big green jug of Nyquil and drift into a happy, floaty, dreamy sleep. Man, I loved that. Nyquil dreams rock. Ahh, good times.
But then, somehow, it didn’t seem to be working anymore. The dreamy sleep just wasn’t so…dreamy. I figured I had developed a tolerance or something. I tried it a few more times, but…meh. So I gave it up.
But wait! Today I found out that the reason it wasn’t working any more is that Vicks changed the formula!
That’s right—Nyquil now has doxylamine succinate, which, as far as I can tell, doesn’t do crap. It turns out that pseudoephedrine, the stuff in the old Nyquil, can be used to make methamphetamine. And the The Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 put big ole restrictions on the stuff. It’s still legal, but apparently people used to buy up cases of Nyquil and do naughty things with it, ruining it for the rest of us. So Vicks took the pseudoephedrine out—and lost a butt-load of customers, because, hey, the new formulation sucked.
Vicks, realizing it’s error, in a tried-and-true New Coke/Classic Coke style move, brought the old formulation BACK!
[cue rejoicing in the streets]
It’s true. Now you can get the good stuff, called Nyquil D (D for dreamy? druggie? dumb-ass?), in a drugstore near you—only there’s a catch. They keep it behind the counter. You have to ask for it. And they take down your driver’s license information. No shit.
So, if you’re willing to put up with the Nyquil Distribution Police (OH! Is that what the ‘D’ is for?), you can get your very own green jug of dreamy cold-medicine heaven, once again. Woo hoo!
I can’t wait to get the sniffles again.
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookIt's out to the beta readers. I'm chewing my fingernails....
a few greatest hits
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- the yip-yips do not cause childhood obesity
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- the amazing emu
- yurts: the downside
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- happy birthday, sophie!
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- living the tie-dyed life
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- screen time for fun and profit
- remains of the play
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- lucille ball moment
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- bikini power vs. the ratty sweater
- writing without pencil sharpening
- the source of my power
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- maya on in praise of the lowly Up Dog, plus friday cyber-shala open thread chat, please drop by and say hello!
- in praise of the lowly Up Dog, plus friday cyber-shala open thread chat, please drop by and say hello! | mayaland on ashtanga yoga, five years in: state of the backbend
- in praise of the lowly Up Dog, plus friday cyber-shala open thread chat, please drop by and say hello! | mayaland on david williams, yoga workshop, day 3 and 4
- in praise of the lowly Up Dog, plus friday cyber-shala open thread chat, please drop by and say hello! | mayaland on hamstring injury update and a lotus
- in praise of the lowly Up Dog, plus friday cyber-shala open thread chat, please drop by and say hello! | mayaland on backbends freak me out