Public service announcement! Nyquil is back! Huh, you say? Where did it go? Well, let me tell you.
Years ago I used to look forward to getting the sniffles because, hey, it meant I could cozy up to my big green jug of Nyquil and drift into a happy, floaty, dreamy sleep. Man, I loved that. Nyquil dreams rock. Ahh, good times.
But then, somehow, it didn’t seem to be working anymore. The dreamy sleep just wasn’t so…dreamy. I figured I had developed a tolerance or something. I tried it a few more times, but…meh. So I gave it up.
But wait! Today I found out that the reason it wasn’t working any more is that Vicks changed the formula!
That’s right—Nyquil now has doxylamine succinate, which, as far as I can tell, doesn’t do crap. It turns out that pseudoephedrine, the stuff in the old Nyquil, can be used to make methamphetamine. And the The Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 put big ole restrictions on the stuff. It’s still legal, but apparently people used to buy up cases of Nyquil and do naughty things with it, ruining it for the rest of us. So Vicks took the pseudoephedrine out—and lost a butt-load of customers, because, hey, the new formulation sucked.
Vicks, realizing it’s error, in a tried-and-true New Coke/Classic Coke style move, brought the old formulation BACK!
[cue rejoicing in the streets]
It’s true. Now you can get the good stuff, called Nyquil D (D for dreamy? druggie? dumb-ass?), in a drugstore near you—only there’s a catch. They keep it behind the counter. You have to ask for it. And they take down your driver’s license information. No shit.
So, if you’re willing to put up with the Nyquil Distribution Police (OH! Is that what the ‘D’ is for?), you can get your very own green jug of dreamy cold-medicine heaven, once again. Woo hoo!
I can’t wait to get the sniffles again.
upcoming book releases
Buy my books!
Creature of Dreams, now available on Amazon.
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: the restaurant bookThird draft.
today's yoga practice
March 15, 2014 | 12:16 pm
Kino’s arm balance class. I can barely lift my arms now. I think they’re broken.
March 12, 2014 | 6:38 pm
Tried another Kino video, the third, the “leg opener” practice. Not bad. Kind of miss regular primary though.
March 11, 2014 | 4:11 pm
Kino video on “core strength.” Just about killed me. Have discovered I have no core.
March 11, 2014 | 4:10 pm
Full Primary, 2 freaking hours. I’m going to go lie down now.
March 11, 2014 | 4:10 pm
Primary to supta konasana.
- Archive for today's yoga practice »
a few greatest hits
- diggers watch tv, too
- the 13 year visitation of the demon red-eyed cicada
- happy birthday, sophie!
- remains of the play
- the TOOL shed
- bad things come in threes. or fours. (or maybe fives?)
- writing without pencil sharpening
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- crafts for karma
- unexpected benefit of living in a round house #27
- the incredible hulk invades the yurt
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- screen time for fun and profit
- flying kids
- yurts: the downside
- triple chocolate pudding goop, or, this way lies madness
- butterfly house
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- cool felt picture fun for kiddos
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers books cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod japanese Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tiny houses Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- Shannon on internet orgies are good for you. really.
- CathyB on our interent is BACK, thanks to awesome tech guys who ROCKED
- louise on our interent is BACK, thanks to awesome tech guys who ROCKED
- keith peckman on bike saddles for women, or, the joy of cycling in not-agony
- maya on ashtanga yoga, 3 years in, pics before and after