It’s in my socks.
Okay, these are not my thighs. I had a thigh double brought in for this blog entry.
But these are my socks! I got them from Sockdreams.com, the dealer for sock junkies everywhere. It all started, innocently enough, with the red and white pair in this picture. I had no idea how wearing them would ignite my imagination! Before I knew it, I was adding to my crazy sock collection. A pair here, a pair there. I now have a dedicated Crazy Sock Drawer. Holy music plays when I open it in the morning. I swear.
Some go to the knee…
Some go just over the knee…
Some go all the way up.
No, I’m not showing you my own legs in my thigh high socks. Just get over it.
Sometimes I wear them with skirts, all out in the open and people can’t stop commenting on them, which is pretty fun. But mostly I wear them tucked away under my daily uniform of black yoga pants. It’s like having my superhero costume on under my Clark Kent exterior.
Just remember, this…
might be concealing this…
Buy my books!
Children of the Fallen, now available on Amazon.
The haunted and talented children of the glorious and terrifying...
Toby Streams the Universe at amazon.
A psychic in the big city, trying to stay sane....
The Violin Maker's Wife at amazon.
Enchanted violins can be deadly....
A girl, her vampire, his demon...
You can also listen to the Conjuring Raine free podcast. Enjoy!
coming next: The Lucidity EffectLucidity is now with the editor, woo hoo!
today's yoga practice
upcoming book releases
a few greatest hits
- crafts for karma
- butterfly house
- the TOOL shed
- welcome to mayaland's virtual macabre crawfish feast of death!
- remains of the play
- flying kids
- the source of my power
- the way of the bento
- the power of mom’s day can melt even the most bitter of hearts, not that my heart is bitter, but it has gotten a bit crusty around the edges
- go, go, godzilla!
- recycling other people's junk
- the solstice from inside a sundial
- the amazing emu
- the emotional insanity of writing
- spike and buffy got screwed--now with proof! (part 1)
- diggers watch tv, too
- going all erin brockovich on your ass
- lucille ball moment
- 2 stories, 1 joke, and a song
- how to build a yurt (1 of 10)
- "Dusi's Wings" April, 2003. . . . "One thing fantasy can do for us is to give shape to the mysterious in the world; another is to make emotional yearning concrete. The early sections of "Dusi's Wings" do just that...there was a strong grasping towards the spiritual in fantasy here that was very promising, and I look forward to reading more by Lassiter." --review, Tangent Online.
tagsadventures alternative building art author interviews on creative process backbends Bees birthday book covers cats chickens Conjuring Raine creative process family featured funny kid moments geeklife goat milk goats guitar halloween Henry injury ipod Luc manga movies Noah house play podcast podiobooks radical unschooling recipes recycled building supplies seasons Sophie swimming television tie-dye tiny houses toys Unschooling video games yoga yurt raising yurts
- Shannon on education by minecraft
- maya on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Frances@Lila on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- grimmly on ashtanga injuries: toe edition. (In a word, gross. Don’t even read this post. Seriously.)
- Shannon on strawberry fest 2013!